Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Green Turkey Curry

So last night Totty decided that he would make himself some Green Curry for dinner. He took some of the Curry Paste out of the freezer and away he went.

1 meduim yellow onion
300g Raw turkey Breast
2 medium carrots
1/2 can Coconut milk (about 1 1/4 cups)
1/2 pint stock (from cube)
1/3 cup green Curry paste (see recipe from 7/1/07)

All of the really complicated work was done with the curry paste, so this is a nice and easy dinner, and with rice this would serve two polite people.

Chop the onion roughly. Think chunky here. Fry that off with a little sunflower oil, don't let it get colour, you just need to start the cooking off. Throw in the peeled and chopped carrots, cook for a few minutes.

Put in the stock. Now Totty used half a pint, and later on in the cooking he said that everything was a little watery, so I would guess to use about half, and adjust for taste.

Add the Turkey and the Green Curry Paste at this point. The reason that I say to add now and not to fry it with the onion is this; the turkey that I bought was VERY lean, no bones no skin and I didn't want Totty to have dry turkey. I went out and bought some fresh turkey, you could certainly use leftovers, or a different meat for that matter.

Perhaps it would have been fine fried a little, I don't know. It's been such a long time since I have eaten meat, I've kind of lost an idea of when some things are good.

Add the Coconut milk, turn the heat down and let everything simmer for a while. Totty had a bit of a taste and said that everything was a bit mild for his taste, so he added a couple of small chilies finely chopped. By the time the rice was done, the curry was. So simmer time was about 25 minutes. Just enough time to play a little Runescape.

Verdict from Totty "Bang on". So this Curry paste is worth making.
I'm planning on making myself a vegetarian version this evening, and I am really looking forward to it.

One thing that I really liked about this was that it didn't stick to my stick to everything pans. HUZZAH!

No comments: